| General Information
| Elementary School
- The Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS) accredits all three schools.
- Teachers follow the North Carolina Standard Course of Study.
- The school system follows the NC Testing program for grades K-8, End of Course, and Career Technical Education courses.
- Teachers implement a Balanced Literacy approach to the teaching of English Language Arts, Pre-K-12
- Teachers utilize manipulatives and real world applications for math instruction, Pre-K-12.
- Twenty-first Century Skills are taught and modeled in all areas.
- Writing Across the Curriculum is integrated across all curriculum areas.
- Exceptional Student Services
- Gifted and Talented (Horizons) Services
- Music Programs
- Sacred Path for students and staff
- Faculty is 100% highly qualified (HQ).
- Teachers implement the K-2 assessment in the primary grades.
- Healthy Living curriculum
- Super Saturday and Super Science Saturday opportunities
- Science Fair
- Morning and after school reading enrichment and skill building opportunities
| Middle School
- Immersion program, Pre-K-8
- Cherokee culture is integrated in all curriculum areas.
- Developed Cherokee Language and History standards
- Traditional student singers and dancers and traditional staff singers
- Night of Cherokee
- Culture Heritage week
- Honoring our Grandparents and Honoring our Elders
- Single-gender instruction
- Gear Up
- NASA school
- Collaboration with the Great Smoky Mountains National Parks Rangers
- Burroughs Welcome CSI Summer Institute
- Beta Club-1st place in state competition; 3rd nationally
- Study Island web-based instruction
| High School
- Curriculum Guides developed for End of Course (EOC) disciplines.
- Students complete Graduation Projects.
- Students complete NC's Future Core Requirements for Graduation.
- Students engage in Project-Based learning
- Technology used as a tool to enhance learning in all curriculum areas
- Financial Literacy
- Literacy Courses
- Gear Up
- Online, Dual enrollment, college courses, and NCVPS options available